Splatter paint seemed easy and I’ve wanted to try it for a while. So, here’s a version in orange (with other colors) on a white background. (Sorry about going back to the blurry cell phone pictures. I’m still trying to figure out how to take quality pictures on the very old, used digital camera I just got.)
What I used:
- base coat (not shown)
- white (unnamed, no number) by Kiss Colors (part of French mani kit)
- Modern Art (844) by Rimmel London
- Mint Green (NA911) by LA Colors (Art Deco collection)
- Sky Blue (NA910) by LA Colors (Art Deco collection)
- coffee stir straw
- 1mm dotting tool for additional dots (optional)
- generic quick dry top coat (not shown)
What I did:
Step 1: Base coat. When dry, paint 2-3 coats white.
Step 2: Take the coffee stir straw and dip it in a small drips of nail polish (place it on a waxed paper or something). Blow through the straw gently above the nail to splatter the paint on the nail. You can also add extra splatters by quickly flicking a paintbrush or stir straw (with polish on it) toward the nail to get little drips and splatters, or by using the dotting tool to put extra dots. Do this until you’re happy with the design.
Step 3: Clean up around nail. Top coat and done!