Oh, the best laid schemes of mice and men… This week’s design isn’t what it started out as, but in the end is a simple polka dots pattern with a cheerfully bright, classic red. Simple, easy, quick – I wonder why I had planned to do anything else.
(Go to the bottom of the post to read more about the GOT Polish challenge.)
What I used:
- base coat (not shown)
- Red Red (414) by Wet n Wild
- white (unnamed, no number) by Kiss Colors (part of French mani kit)
- 1 mm dotting tool
- generic quick dry top coat (not shown)
What I did:
Step 1: Base coat, then 1-2 coats of red. For the accent nail, use 2-3 coats of white instead.
Step 2: Using the dotting tool, add polka dots evenly spaced over the nail, in opposite color of base color. Top coat and done.
If you’re interested in the GOT Polish Challenge…
This is the linkup page (how to sign up) for the Golden Oldie Thursday Challenge – “GOT Polish Challenge” by the Crumpet’s Nail Tarts (https://www.facebook.com/groups/purplecrumpetfairy/)
30th Jan – Dots Open 23 January – 6 February!
* the polish you use should be at least one year old
* if you haven’t been a polishaholic that long, you can use the oldest polishes you have
* the polish should be previously used, but if you’re stuck, you could free a yearling from Mount Untried
* you can use more than 1 polish as long as it fits the theme and the rules